At the core of BEYOND Dog Training, is the belief that all pet owners need to take responsibility for the welfare of their pets. I strive to be an example of this belief in my community in every way that I can. I also try to educate my fellow pet owners about their responsibilities through the products that my business offers.
I do this for a number of reasons –
- I believe that we as humans have an obligation to all animals to ensure that we do no harm.
- I believe that we as humans have an obligation to ensure that all animals are able to enjoy their lives as well as to have free access to those things necessary for their survival i.e. food, water, habitat and freedom from abuse.
- I believe that we as humans have an obligation to all those animals that we remove from their natural environments to ensure that we provide for their needs and that we compensate them for the loss of their habitat.
- I believe that we as humans underestimate the impact of our actions upon the natural world, its inhabitants and their rights.
- I believe that we as humans need to remember the power we have to change the above.
- I believe that we as humans can enter the next phase of human evolution by recognising and embracing our responsibilities, particularly to the animal kingdom.
I’m not an activist. I’m not anyone particularly special. I’m just someone who cares and I have had the very special privilege of experiencing unbelievably deep relationships with my dogs because I took responsibility for their welfare and because I was able to help them to achieve their full potentials whilst they were, or still are, with me. That’s what I believe we humans are supposed to do.
For more information visit:
Positive Reinforcement training recommended by the Australian Veterinary Association:
‘Responsible Pet Ownership’ – Office of Local Government: